2018 Pie Baking Contest Rules (PENDING)
Check back for updates! We are looking to adjust the rules to include pie viewing times, and also looking into allowing dairy product pies.
- Pie must be entered in name of the person who made it.
- Categories are:
- Youth (Baker must be 17 years of age or under)
- Prizes: Grand Prize is $100 plus Grand Prize Ribbon (and Bragging Rights).
Prizes for each category are:
- First Place is $25 plus First Place Ribbon
- Second Place is Second Place Ribbon
- Third Place is Third Place Ribbon
- To Enter:
Bring your pie to the contest site, at Pie Town Fire Station, NO EARLIER than 9 AM and NO LATER than 10:30 AM on Pie Festival Day, September 8, 2018.
Please park first and then come over to enter your pie. The Pi-K run is being held in the morning and safety for the runners must be observed. Please be aware some roads will be used for the Pi-K run and plan accordingly. Please obey all instructions from the Pie Festival staff.
IMPORTANT: We are working on ALLOWING pies with dairy (butter, cream, milk, milk substitutes, eggs or meat). Please check back on this soon!
ALL entries must fill out a registration form either on site or by mail. FORM WILL BE POSTED SOON!
By entering your pie, you acknowledging the entered pies become the property of the Pie Festival. We are working to allow pie bakers to get their pie pans BACK! (You just have to ask for it.)
You also agree to give permission to have your photo and your pie’s photo taken during announcement ceremony.
NOTE: A copy of your pie recipe would be appreciated and may be used in future editions of the Pie Town Pie Cookbook.
All entrants receive a “PIE BAKER” ribbon to wear proudly during Pie Festival.
- Judges must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Judging will start about 11:00 AM, but the exact time will be determined on Pie Festival day.
- There is a minimum of three judges per category.
- Pies are judged on: Overall Appearance, Crust, and Taste.
- Each judge assigns a numerical value from 1 to 10 in each criteria category, without consultation with each other.
- The pie receiving highest total numerical value is the winner in that category. In case of tie, judges will judge those pies again.
- Each First Prize winning pie will be judged again, and judges will decide which pie from these is the Grand Prize Pie.
- In the category of the Grand Prize winning pie, the Second Place will become the First, Third Place becomes Second Place, and Fourth Place becomes Third Place.
- Awards & Disposition of Pies
- Awards will be given after all judging is complete.
- Winning pies may be auctioned as a fund raiser for Pie Town.
- All other pies entered will be sold at contest site or in concession stand.
RULES ARE YET TO BE FINALIZED FOR 2018!